DSE Assam PGT Recruitment 2023 – Apply For 1503 Post Graduate Teacher Vacancy – The Secondary Education Department of the Government of Assam’s Secondary Education Directorate (DSE) has published a job announcement for the recruitment of 1503 Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) Vacancies in various Government and Provincialized Secondary Schools. Candidates who are interested and qualified can apply online here.
DSE Assam PGT Recruitment 2023
- Last Date: 18/02/2023
|Post Name||Post Graduate Teacher|
|Total Posts||1503 Posts|
|Start Date||16th February 2023|
|Last Date||28th February 2023|
DSE Assam PGT Recruitment 2023 Full Details
Name of Post: Post-Graduate Teacher
- No of Posts: 1,385 Posts + 118 Posts
- Name of Department: Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam
Educational Qualification: The applicant must be a Post Graduate in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks (or its equivalent) from a recognized University and should possess a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) qualification from an institution recognized by National Council for Teacher Education. Degrees obtained in off-campus and distance education mode shall not be considered valid.
Pay Scale: Rs.22,000/- to Rs.97,000/- including Grade Pay of Rs.11,800/- per month with other allowances as admissible as per rule.
Age Limit of DSE Assam PGT Recruitment 2023
Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 38 years as on 1st January 2022.
Age Relaxation: Category wise upper age relaxation will be as follows.
|ST (P)||5 Years|
|ST (H)||5 Years|
Note: The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation/ HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/ Council, and no other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose
Eligibility Criteria of DSE Assam PGT Recruitment
TET Qualification: The applicant must have taken and passed the government-conducted Higher Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) in the relevant cadre with a minimum score of 60% for candidates from the unreserved category and a minimum score of 55% for candidates from the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, and Persons with Disabilities.
With the caveat that taking and passing the TET is optional for teachers who have been regularly holding a sanctioned Graduate post for at least 15 years in any Provincialized High School or Higher Secondary School and who possess the necessary academic and professional qualifications for the post of Post Graduate Teachers.
and professional qualifications for the position of Post Graduate Teachers, appearing in and passing the TET shall be optional, and those who do so shall receive the TET qualified marks in lieu of the experience weightage. They will also receive a weightage of 60 marks for their 15 years of continuous teaching.
Furthermore, if a teacher has at least 15 years of teaching experience and entered the TET but was unable to receive the minimum qualifying 60 marks, they will be given at least 60 marks in recognition of their experience. Any additional marks that they receive over the minimum qualifying 60 marks will be awarded to them.
for the purpose of selecting candidates for the post of Post Graduate Teacher, shall be added to the TET for the such teacher.
Medium of Instruction: In addition to the academic and professional qualifications, the candidate must satisfy the following criteria regarding the medium of instruction.
- In the case of Assamese Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with the Assamese Language as one of the subjects or have a Diploma in the Assamese Language issued by the Axom Sahitya Sabha or read up to HSLC level in Assamese Medium School.
- In the case of Bengali Medium Schools, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with the Bengali language as one of the subjects or have in the Bengali Language issued by the Barak Upatyaka Bangla Sahitya Sanskriti Sammetan or read up to HSLC level in Bengali Medium School.
- In the case of Hindi Medium Schools, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with the Hindi language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Hindi Medium Schools.
- In the case of Bodo Medium School, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Bodo language as one of the subjects or read up to HSLC level in Bodo Medium School.
- In the case of English Medium Schools, the candidate must have passed HSLC or equivalent Examination with Alternative English as one of the subjects or read from Class XI onwards in English medium Schools.
- Note: Provided that for recruitment of teachers for teaching MIL subjects the candidate who passed HSLC Examination with a particular MIL Subject shall be considered.
How to Apply for DSE Assam PGT Recruitment?
According to the Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam’s official announcement, applicants who meet all eligibility requirements can submit their applications on the DSE, Assam’s official website.
Candidates must submit their online applications only on the official online application portal since only online submissions will be accepted. The steps to completing the online application are listed below; candidates can use them to complete the application process.
- Check the Important Link section as you scroll down.
- The Online Application Link should be clicked.
- Your browser’s new tab will now open with an official web portal.
- You will have the option to register in that portal.
- After registering, you must submit all the requested information.
- The next step is for you to upload your documents.
- Your application will be submitted once all steps have been successfully completed.
- You will also get a copy of the acknowledgment for your submission.
- Keep a copy of the acknowledgment for your records.
Required Documents for DSE Assam PGT Recruitment
When submitting an online application for Assam’s PGT Teacher Recruitment, candidates must upload a few documents. Before starting the online application process, we advise our users to have the listed documents available in scanned file format. Keep in mind that all files must be in PDF format in order to be accepted by the portal.
- Recent Passport Size Photograph.
- Signature of the Applicant.
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate or HSLC Admit Card).
- All Educational Certificates and Marksheets.
- Higher Secondary TET Certificate and Marksheet.
- B.Ed. Certificate and Marksheets.
- Caste Certificate (in case of SC/ ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC).
- Candidates with disabilities will have to enclose certificates of disabilities issued by the Government authority.
- Certificate of NCC (Only B or C Category only), Sports & Cultural (if represented the state at the national Level).
- Experience certificate (if any) of 15 years of teaching experience as a Graduate Teacher in Provincialised High/ Higher Secondary School.
- Certificate of Ex-servicemen issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board.
Important Dates of HS Teacher Recruitment 2023
|Application Start Date||16th February 2023|
|Application Last Date||28th February 2023|
|Documents Verification||From 4th March 2023|
Important Links of DSE Assam Teacher Recruitment 2023
|Online Apply Link (Government)||Click Here|
|Online Apply Link (Provincialized)||Click Here|
|Official Notification (Government)||Click Here|
|Official Notification (Provincialized)||Click Here|
Selection Process of DSE Assam PGT Recruitment 2023
According to the following criteria, Secondary Education, Assam will shortlist applicants for this recruitment. The candidates’ performance in various life-span exams will serve as the sole basis for the selection process. We have offered all the criteria for selection, which will be used to create the merit list.
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in the MA/ M.Sc./ M.Com Examination.
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in the BA/ B.Sc./ B.Com Examination (In the case of Major/ Hons, the marks obtained in Major/ Hons shall be taken into consideration).
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in BT/B.Ed. Examination.
- 100 marks on the percentage of marks in the TET Examination or 60 marks for 15 years of experience as a Graduate Teacher in provincialized High/ Higher Secondary School having requisite academic and professional qualifications, as the case may be.
- Any experienced teacher who has appeared but could not secure the minimum qualifying 60 marks in the TET, shall be awarded at least 60 marks in respect of their experience if he or she has already completed 15 years of teaching experience.
- Any marks secured by such experienced teacher over and above 60 qualifying marks in TET shall be counted additionally in respect of TET for such teacher for the purpose of selection for the post of Post Graduate Teacher.
- 10 marks for the NCC certificate (10 marks for the C certificate and 5 marks for the B certificate).
- 10 marks for participating in recognized sports at the national level representing Assam.
- 10 marks for achievements in Fine Arts and cultural activities representing the state office at the national level.
- Note: All of you are advised to check the official notification before submitting the online application for this recruitment.
FAQs of DSE Assam PGT Recruitment
What is the starting date of application for DSE Assam PGT Teacher Recruitment?
The starting date of application for Assam PGT Teacher Recruitment is 16th February 2023.
What is the total number of posts under DSE Assam PGT Teacher Recruitment?
The total number of posts under Assam PGT Teacher Recruitment is 1503.
What is the last date to apply online for DSE Assam PGT Teacher Recruitment?
The last date of application for Assam PGT Teacher Recruitment is 28th February 2023.
What is the full form of a PGT Teacher?
The full form of PGT Teacher is Post Graduate Teacher.